Friday, October 14, 2011

Oh, so "you mean you're giving up protein?!?"

That must be one of the most common questions/statements ever. Along with, 'how will you get protein?!?' or something similar. The truth is,
after much study and research you will find out:

A. Meat based eating and the Standard American Diet ( know as SAD no joke) provide 4 to 5 times the amount of protein we actually need and use.

B. Plants have way more protein then we realize. And I don't just mean beans. I'm talking the green leafy stuff, fruits, veggies, nuts, etc.

C. Over consumption of meat and animal based protein is killing us.

Now don't get me wrong, I like eating meat. It's just that I've come to understand it's been making me fat, tired, and old much faster then I need too. I don't like that idea, plain and simple. Guys did you know eating meat and animal protiens lowers our testosterone and hardens our arteries creating erectile distinction? I know I don't what to hear my wife asking, 'where's the beef?' LOL

'What!? Are you kidding me!?! '

Nope, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Heart attacks, strokes, cancer, diabetes and more. But an issue that should make you step back a bit and maybe do some Internet research on the subject.

Anyway back to the protein. Lol. I'll be posting more info soon on great sources of plant based proteins. In the meantime, I suggest you start doing some google investigation right now. Here's a link or two to get you started:

Why Meatless

Get your protein with meatless combinations

2 comments:

  1. Oh Steve, I love your sense of humor and appreciate the info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Sometimes you just can't beat around the bush you know. :) thanks for letting me know you appreciated it. I just found a really good article today on protein and posted it on my Facebook page. There's a link to the page here on my blog on the top right side column. Just click it and it will take you there.

      Delete