Monday, June 11, 2012

Banana Pancakes - eggless

Eggless Banana Pancakes
guest blogger Sean Young

The bananas in this recipe give the pancakes a slightly denser texture while still making them big and puffy. My daughter likes puffy pancakes, I like a more dense ones and we both like bananas so
it was a good compromise. Adding ripe bananas make these a little sweeter than other pancakes, so fresh strawberries instead of syrup make a nice combo. If you opt to leave the bananas out make sure to add another ½ cup of water. I use pastry flour for a fluffier pancake while still using whole wheat.

Whole Wheat Pastry Flour 2 ½ cups 
Baking Powder 1 Tbs
Salt 1 tsp
Water 2 cups
Olive oil 2 Tbs
Banans 2 (ripe is better)
Organic Blue Agave syrup 1 ½ Tbs (or other sweetener)


1 Combine flour, baking powder, salt and set aside. Next blend water, oil, bananas andagava in a mixer or blender. (I do this for a more even consistency in the pancake. If you prefer to have larger pieces of banana then mash with a forkand mix by hand.) 


2 Add to the flour mixture and mix by hand until most of the lumps are gone. Be sure not to over mix. 


3 Cook pancakes over medium heat and turn them over when the surface begins to bubble. 


Tip: I coat the griddle surface with Earth Balance spread instead of butter as a healthier choice but any butter, oil or a really good non-stick griddle with work. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do :)

1 comment:

  1. Sean, I just made these this morning for breakfast, HOLY MOLY!!!! These are awesome. I made them in my Vitamix and blended them smooth. They didn't even taste like banana pancakes. They just tasted like THE BEST VEGAN PANCAKE RECIPE I'VE FOUND YET!!! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete