Friday, January 6, 2012

Wine Cashew Spread - Tastes like sharp cheddar

Ok I know that's not the best picture but I made this spread spur of the moment, really quick, just before leaving for work and it tasted so good I just had to share it with you! I'm sure many of you know about the

wonderful uses of cashew nuts in place of dairy and "cheese." Don't expect this to string out or melt if heated, this is simply a great dip or spread. A way to add wonderful flavor to you Vegan sandwiches and dishes. It tastes amazing so, enjoy!


Cashews 3 handfuls (soaked if you have the time, I didn't)
White Wine 1/4 cup (I didn't measure any of these)
Mustard 1-2 tsp. (I used whole grain)
Nutritional yeast 2-3 Tbs.
Apple Cider Vinegar 1/2 capful or so
Braggs Aminos 1/4-1/2 tsp. (could sub soy sauce or salt)
Paprika 1/4-1/2 tsp. (I used regular, smoked could work)
White Pepper 1/8-1/4 tsp.


1 Put everything in a blender or small food processor.


2 Blend until smooth. (Some small chunks gave nice texture in my sandwich, but smooth may be preferred depending on what you where using it for)


3 Scrape down sides, reblend and add a little water if you like a thinner consistence.


It's that easy. By now, I'm sure you've figured out I like to eyeball ingredients and season to taste. Feel free to do the same. That's what makes cooking so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment